Business Skills Visa (Provisional)
Investor Subclass 162
Australian Business Skills visas are split into two stages. First is the business skills provisional visa. This is a temporary visa, allowing you to enter Australia and start your business, or join a suitable firm.
The Australian Business Skills visa program also has 4 categories for people who are in Australia on other temporary visas (excluding Business Skills Provisional visas).
- Business Owner (Provisional) Visa
- This visa is for successful owners or part-owners of businesses who wish to travel to Australia.
- Senior Executive (Provisional) Visa
- This visa is for successful senior executive employees of major businesses who wish to travel to Australia.
- Investment Linked (Provisional) Visa
- This visa is for investors/business people wishing to travel to Australia.
- Business Talent Visa
- This visa is for high-calibre business people who have sponsorship from State/Territory government.
After 2 years of operating your business successfully, you will be eligible to apply for a permanent Business Owner (residence) Visa Subclass 890, or the State/Territory Sponsored Investor (Residence) Visa, Subclass 893.
For more information on Business Skills Provisional Visas please visit the Australian Governments Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs website.