The prospective marriage visa is intended for couples who are engaged to be married, when one them is an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
There are two different parts to the application process – the sponsorship and the visa application. The sponsor is the Australian citizen or permanent resident involved in the relationship.
This visa is valid for 9 months, and you must legally marry within this time.
The application is lodged off-shore but you will then be entitled to live and work in Australia during this time. Once you have become married, you may apply for your spouse visa. Your new application must be submitted before your prospective marriage expires.
To support your prospective marriage visa application, you must provide a variety of evidence including:
- Evidence of your intention to marry your fiance within 9 months of your visa being approved
- Evidence that you have physically met face to face
- Evidence that you intend to live in a genuine married relationship
- Witness statements from family & friends confirming your relationship
- Relationship statements from each of you
- Joint financial/legal commitments
- Evidence of sponsor's employment
- Knowledge of each other's personal circumstances
£ 60.00 initial registration fee
$ 7000.00 AUD government fee (£ 3900.00 approx)
£ 995.00 administration fee
(can be paid in two parts) GST (Goods and Services Tax) can apply.
For further information, or to submit an enquiry regarding the prospective marriage visa, please complete our enquiry form below and one of our friendly team will contact you.
Should you wish to proceed with an application for a prospective marriage visa, we require you to register with our company. You will then be emailed an application pack including all relevant forms and a check list of requirement documents. Registration can be completed either by telephone or online.
Telephone consultations by requirements
For more information or to send us a message please